More Wardrobe Modifications

I have been neurotic this month about going through each piece of clothing I own and making sure it is meant to be in my closet. You know those pieces that you pull out, put on and immediately take off for one reason or another? Either a button is missing, its too small/big, it has an oil stain from splattering food in the kitchen, or something about it isn't right?
Well I have been going through my things, piece by piece, inspecting them for any damage or sizing issues. I have been amazed at how many of my clothing pieces have "issues"~ I have slowly been working through a really big pile of clothes:
mending, taking in, fixing zippers, shortening hemlines, and replacing buttons. The great thing too is each piece has taken hardly anytime to repair which leads me to wonder why I didn't do this sooner!
Here is one project:



I had found this tee shirt at J Crew a while back. It was perfect with the words "Smith's Pub" on it (our last name ~ and Mike brews here at the house). What was imperfect was the fact that it was a man's tee shirt and was too large and boxy. In a matter of 5 minutes I had cut down the sides and opened up the neck line. Now it is much more fun and wearable!
The pile is now gone. I have finished the last of the wardrobe repairs and it is a great feeling to know that I can grab anything out of my closet and be ready to get out the door.
I just went through my jewelry today (I am having some organizational craziness going on lately~more than usual and thats scary.) Anyhow, got my jewelry back in order and pulled out a few pieces that need repair. My handyman husband should be able to get those back to new tonight!