Holiday Sweets



I have been reading a great new cookbook recently called, "Falling Cloudberries" by Tessa Kiros. It is one of the most beautiful cookbooks I have come across in a long time. One of the recipes, Ricotta Tart with a Chocolate Crust, is simple and amazing. I used a gallon of whole milk we had on hand to make some homemade ricotta for the tart. The crust is so simple and really, really yummy. I can foresee using the crust for cheesecakes, berry tarts, and banana cream pies.




I also tried my hand at Rugelach. This recipe was really a good one. Some reviewers said it was difficult to make but I didn't find this to be the case at all. In fact, they came together really quickly (after chilling the dough), and baked beautifully.


Besides baking, there has been some outdoor playing in frigid temperatures as well as...




bubble making experiments.